The Crynant Forest Walks are being developed by the Community Council under a five-year agreement with National Resources Wales to create the Crynant Community Forest.
The aim of the project is to make the forest more interesting and user-friendly for all – we want to encourage more walking, healthier lifestyle options, and an appreciation for the beautiful landscape and wildlife we have on our doorstep.
In this section of the website you’ll find information on:
- Birds found in our forest area (there are some rare finds!)
- Flowering plants
- Landmarks and history
This section will be updated throughout the project. Our QR codes on the information panels link back to sections on this website so don’t be afraid to scan them when you’re out enjoying the environment.
And if you have any photos, stories, or information to share, don’t forget that you can always contact us using the forms here, email, or on our Facebook page.
From our colleagues NRW, please also be mindful of our Countryside Code:
Respect, protect, enjoy
Respect other people:
- consider the local community and other people enjoying the outdoors
- park carefully so access to gateways and driveways is clear
- leave gates and property as you find them
Protect the natural environment:
- leave no trace of your visit, take all your litter home
- be careful with BBQs, and don’t light fires
- keep dogs under effective control
- dog poo – bag it and bin it, or take it with you
Enjoy the outdoors:
- plan ahead, check what facilities are open, be prepared
- follow advice and local signs and obey social distancing measures